- ICD-10-CM Guidelines (2016)
- ICD-10-CM Guidelines - Interim advice on excludes 1 note on condtions unrelated (2016)
- ICD-10-PCS Guidelines (2016)
The updated ICD-9-CM Official Guidelines, Conversion Table, and Addenda.
- Click here to download.
The ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coordination and Maintenance Committee meeting is scheduled for March 7th and 8th
The meeting is being webcast via CMS at http://www.cms.gov/live/
Toll-free dial-in access is available for participants who cannot join the webcast:
- Phone: 1-844-396-8222
- Meeting ID: 909 233 082
*Attendees are encouraged to join early, as the number of phone lines is limited.
The Agenda and Handouts packets for the procedure portion of the March 7, 2017 ICD-10 Coordination and Maintenance Committee meeting are now available.
- Day 1 – March 7 will begin with the ICD-10-PCS procedure code topics and transition to ICD-10-CM diagnosis topics immediately afterwards if time allows.
- Day 2 – March 8 will be designated for the remaining diagnosis code topics.
Link to ICD-10 procedure code topics Agenda and Handouts:
Link to ICD-10 diagnosis code topics Agenda and Handouts – continue to check back for posting of final handouts:
Opportunity to Learn about Proposed ICD-10 Changes and Free CE’s
The ICD–10 Coordination and Maintenance (C&M) Committee is a public forum for the presentation of proposed modifications to the ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding Systems. The next C&M Committee meeting is scheduled for September 13-14, 2016 at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Headquarters in Baltimore, MD. To attend the meeting in person, advance registration is required. CMS will also be broadcasting the meeting live via Webcast at http://www.cms.gov/live/.
Continuing education credits may be awarded by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) for participation in these meetings.
Diagnosis code proposals will be posted on http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/icd/icd10cm_maintenance.htm while procedure code proposals will be posted on https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Coding/ICD9ProviderDiagnosticCodes/ICD-9-CM-C-and-M-Meeting-Materials.html
- AHA Coding Clinic Alphabetical Index 2012
- ICD-9-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting
- CMS Program Transmittals
- Inpatient Prospective Payment System home page within CMS
- Outpatient Prospective Payment System home page within CMS
- HCPCS home page within CMS
- Medicare Coverage Database within CMS
- CMS ICD-9-CM resource page covering updates to ICD-9-CM addenda, process for requesting a new/revised code, list of new, revised and deleted codes, Coordination & Maintenance, ICD-10-PCS, etc.
- National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI) edits for hospitals
AHA Central Office ICD-9-CM Cooperating Parties
- American Hospital Association (AHA)
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS)
- AHA and CMS Establish Clearinghouse to Enhance Understanding of Health Care Common Procedure Coding System
- Recommendations from the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility Coding Workgroup
- Recommendation for Standardized Hospital Evaluation and Management
Coding of Emergency Department and Clinic Services
- ICD-9-CM Coding Advice in the Aftermath of Hurricane Katrina