Code with Confidence.
The official U.S. Clearinghouse on medical coding for the proper use of the ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM/PCS systems and Level I HCPCS (CPT-4 codes) for hospital providers and certain Level II HCPCS codes for hospitals, physicians and other health professionals.
- Event: Use code AHASAVE10 to save 10% on the AHIMA 2014 ICD-10-CM/PCS and Computer-Assisted Coding (CAC) Summit (04/14/2014)
- Link: AHA Coding Clinic - reprinting 2012 ICD-9-CM Handbook. (04/04/2014)
- Link: ICD-10 Delay - AHA responds to passage of SGR. (04/02/2014)
- Video: Video - Putting ICD-10 on the Fast Track (03/19/2014)
- Link: ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Guidelines - Downloadable Materials section of AHA Central Office website (03/12/2014)
Join Our List
Don't miss important Coding Updates!
We're here for you! Join our list and receive updates and news from the AHA Central Office including:
- Latest news on the ICD-10 delay
- New products and services
- Free resources
Click here to join!
Check back regularly for new coding information!
What's the latest news from AHA Central Office/AHA Coding Clinic?
Were here with you, providing you with the newest information on the ICD-10 delay as it becomes available and providing resources to help you adapt to the changes.
Our understanding is that the CMS is examining the legislation and will provide guidance to providers and other stakeholders soon. The plan not to address any ICD-9-CM questions is still in effect until such that the Cooperating Parties decide to lift this ban. The AHA Central Office will continue to provide advice on ICD-10-CM/ICD-10-PCS and certain HCPCS codes and will reevaluate the scope of advice provided based upon the Cooperating Parties' direction.
Click here to access an archive containing previous questions.