Code with Confidence.
The official U.S. Clearinghouse on medical coding for the proper use of the ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM/PCS systems and Level I HCPCS (CPT-4 codes) for hospital providers and certain Level II HCPCS codes for hospitals, physicians and other health professionals.
- Link: CMS Online ICD-10 Guide – a comprehensive resource to help providers implement every step of the transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10 medical codes. (11/22/2013)
- Link: CMS Introduction to ICD-10 – an overview of ICD-10, in-depth steps for providers to take to prepare, and available educational resources to use along the way. (11/22/2013)
- Link: CMS Role of Clearinghouses in ICD-10 Transition – an overview of how to determine if clearinghouses offer ICD-10 transition billing/coding services. (11/22/2013)
- Link: CMS Basics for Small and Rural Practices – a resource focused on supporting small and rural practices with activities related to ICD-10 transition. (11/22/2013)
- Link: CMS ICD-10 Resources Flyer – a complete list of all available CMS resources related to ICD-10 transition, updated to include recently launched materials. (11/22/2013)
Join Our List
Don't miss important Coding Updates!
Receive updates and news from the AHA Central Office by registering today. Join our update list and be among the first to learn about:
- New products and services
- The latest I-10 coding news
- Free resources
Click here to join!
Check back regularly for new coding information!
What do the codes in Medical and Surgical Section for ICD-10-PCS specify?
Section, body system, root operation, body part, approach, device, and qualifier.
Click here to access an archive containing previous questions of the month.