Code with Confidence.
The official U.S. Clearinghouse on medical coding for the proper use of the ICD-10-CM/PCS systems and Level I HCPCS (CPT-4 codes) for hospital providers and certain Level II HCPCS codes for hospitals, physicians and other health professionals.
- Video: ICD-10 Post-Implementation: Coding Basics Revisited MLN Connects® Video (12/14/2015)
- Webinar: The AHA Coding Clinic Webinar on December 2 is titled - More of Chapter 19 ICD-10-CM Injuries 7th Characters, Aftercare, Follow-up and Sequelae (11/04/2015)
- Video: Video Slideshow from August 27 MLN Connects Call Available featuring Nelly Leon-Chisen, RHIA, AHA Director of Coding & Classification (10/22/2015)
- Announcement: Help us choose the title for the December 2 AHA Coding Clinic Webinar! (10/20/2015)
- Article: The Centers for Disease Control has posted interim advice on excludes 1 notes. (10/19/2015)
Join Our List
Don't miss important Coding Updates!
We're here for you! Join our list and receive updates and news from the AHA Central Office including:
- ICD-10/HCPCS information
- New products and services
- Free resources
Click here to join!
Email updates will come from AHA Central Office.
Check back regularly for new coding information!
Want to learn more about ICD-10?
ICD-10 Post-Implementation: Coding Basics Revisited MLN Connects® Video
In this video, Sue Bowman from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and Nelly Leon-Chisen from the American Hospital Association (AHA) discuss the unique characteristics and features of the new coding system. Run time: 33 minutes.
- What is a valid code
- Guidelines for coding and reporting
- Coding process and examples: 7th character, unspecified codes, external cause codes, laterality
- How to submit coding questions
- Resources for coders
Visit the Medicare Fee-For-Service Provider Resources webpage for a complete list of Medicare Learning Network resources on ICD-10. To receive announcements for MLN Connects videos and the latest Medicare program information, subscribe to the weekly MLN Connects Provider eNews.
Click here to access an archive containing previous questions.