Code with Confidence.
The official U.S. Clearinghouse on medical coding for the proper use of the ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM/PCS systems and Level I HCPCS (CPT-4 codes) for hospital providers and certain Level II HCPCS codes for hospitals, physicians and other health professionals.
- Article: Clarifying Questions and Answers Related to the July 6, 2015 CMS/AMA Joint Announcement and Guidance Regarding ICD-10 Flexibilities (07/28/2018)
- Event: National Provider Call, "Countdown to ICD-10," will be held on August 27, 2:30-4 p.m. ET, five weeks before ICD-10. (07/09/2015)
- Announcement: CMS and AMA Announce Efforts to Help Providers Get Ready For ICD-10 (07/07/2015)
- Article: Get Ready Now - ICD-10 Infographic from CMS (07/06/2015)
- Announcement: The 2016 ICD-10-PCS files including the Official Guidelines for Reporting to be implemented October 1, 2015 are now available on the CMS webpage. (06/08/2015)
Join Our List
Don't miss important Coding Updates!
We're here for you! Join our list and receive updates and news from the AHA Central Office including:
- ICD-10 implementation
- New products and services
- Free resources
Click here to join!
Email updates will come from AHA Central Office.
Check back regularly for new coding information!
What additional information is available as we get closer to October 1, 2015?
The Medicare Learning Network (MLN) will hold a National Provider Call, "Countdown to ICD-10," August 27, 2:30-4 p.m. ET, five weeks before ICD-10 implementation on October 1. AHIMA's Senior Director of Coding Policy and Compliance Sue Bowman, MJ, RHIA, CCS, FAHIMA, and Nelly Leon-Chisen, RHIA, from the American Hospital Association, will provide coding guidance and tips, along with updates from CMS. The agenda will cover how to get answers to coding questions, claims that span the implementation date, and more. Register here.
Click here to access an archive containing previous questions.